JIT compiler for VM enabled in addition to JRE ?

JW

There is an option in IE Advanced labeled
JIT compiler for virtual machine enabled.

Should I check this box or leave it unchecked,
if I also have Java Runtime Environment installed, including the Java
Plug-in component enabled for running Java applets in IE ?

Hope this is not a dumb question.

JW

Thanks Don

By the way,
have you ever gotten a Guest account to connect to an ISP ?
My Guest account is failing to connect to my DSL provider.
The error message is
Undefined RAS Dial Error (5).
Accounts in other Groups do not have this problem.

Thanks again

It probably doesn't matter in most cases. I'd leave it checked. If you have
problems with a Java program, unchecking it might be something to try.
See: Description of the Just-In-Time Compiler
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=154580

Don

Don Varnau

Hi,
Sorry- no ideas on the DSL problem. Post it as another message. Someone
should be able to help.

Don

hi,
i am trying to find the jit compiler in internet options under advanced tab
and can not please help
i am trying to see a live auction for the first time on this new windows xp
computer and it will not let me
thanks in advance

--
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

JW said:
Thanks Don

By the way,
have you ever gotten a Guest account to connect to an ISP ?
My Guest account is failing to connect to my DSL provider.
The error message is
Undefined RAS Dial Error (5).
Accounts in other Groups do not have this problem.

Thanks again

Rick \Nutcase\ Rogers

Hi,

Control Panel/Internet Options/Advanced tab, you will find it under
Microsoft VM.

--
Best of Luck,

Windows help - www.rickrogers.org