Java Virtual Machine

A

Arpan

I have recently started using Windows XP Professional & use IE 6.0 as my default browser.

When I try to run an applet in IE, a message gets generated asking me to install Java Virtual Machine so as to view the page correctly. When I click the "Download" button to do so, IE opens up a new browser window & directs me to www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/getosver/javaxp.mspx but this page doesn't serve much purpose saying "No Java Installed"!

Where from do I install Java Virtual Machine in IE so that IE can run applets?

Thanks,

Arpan

T

TaxMan

I have recently started using Windows XP Professional & use IE 6.0 as my default browser.

When I try to run an applet in IE, a message gets generated asking me to install Java Virtual Machine so as to view the page correctly. When I click the "Download" button to do so, IE opens up a new browser window & directs me to www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/getosver/javaxp.mspx but this page doesn't serve much purpose saying "No Java Installed"!

Try here:

http://java.com/en/index.jsp

....and click "Get it now."

P

Peter

It wasn't explained to you, MS are giving up supporting their VM in 2005, that's why it's best to get Java from Sun.

--
Peter.
Toronto, Canada.
Windows XP Home SP2.
P4 Dual HT @ 3.0ghz, 160gb HD, 1.0gb DDR.

Thanks,

Arpan

Ask a Question