Java gone?

G

Hi. I just downloaded xp, not just upgraded (had 98) and I find that I have those little boxes with x's in them. I have been all over and found that it's probably java....correct? So, I tried to download, but get an error message. Then I was told to try control panel and go to the java plug-in icon.....which I know USED to be out there...but I find that it's not even there anymore. HELP! I don't know a whole lot about computers, but I've upgraded and downloaded enough to know a little, but this one has me perplexed. I don't even know how the heck I found this sight to ask a question! Anyway, one sight said I don't have the Java APPLET. ????
ANY HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

C

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Free Software - Java Software for the desktop
http://java.com/en/index.jsp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

| Hi. I just downloaded xp, not just upgraded (had 98) and I find that I have those little boxes with x's in
them. I have been all over and found that it's probably java....correct? So, I tried to download, but get an
error message. Then I was told to try control panel and go to the java plug-in icon.....which I know USED to
be out there...but I find that it's not even there anymore. HELP! I don't know a whole lot about computers,
but I've upgraded and downloaded enough to know a little, but this one has me perplexed. I don't even know
how the heck I found this sight to ask a question! Anyway, one sight said I don't have the Java APPLET. ????
| ANY HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

Ask a Question