iv'e i been conned with windows vista home premium


G

Guest

iv'e i been conned with windows vista home premium retail, I paid, £250 for
my copy of windows vista home premium, But iv'e seen full computer's with
monitor keyboard mouse speakers intel p4 dual core running at 2.8ghz 1gig of
ram going for £450 with windows home premium allready installed??????
Wish ad bought a new computer instead of buying just the windows disk.

Thank's
IQON
 
Ad

Advertisements

J

Julian

iqon said:
iv'e i been conned with windows vista home premium retail, I paid, £250
for
my copy of windows vista home premium, But iv'e seen full computer's with
monitor keyboard mouse speakers intel p4 dual core running at 2.8ghz 1gig
of
ram going for £450 with windows home premium allready installed??????
Wish ad bought a new computer instead of buying just the windows disk.

You weren't mugged, you are a mug.

Why didn't you do any research?
 
D

Doris Day - MFB

Julian said:
You weren't mugged, you are a mug.

Why didn't you do any research?

He just did! Now he's pissed because he could have spent £200 more for
Fista. Go figure.

Love and Kisses,
Doris
 
G

Guest

u learn by your mistakes, i did, will not happen again, But still agood os
Thank's
IQON
 
F

Frank Bright

iqon said:
u learn by your mistakes, i did, will not happen again, But still agood os
Thank's
IQON

I disagree, and I'm only saying that you did get something for your money -
freedom of choice.
You purchased the freedom and ability to put a clean, fresh install on ANY
computer you buy without ALL the bloatware
that you get with pre-installed OEMs.

To me, an computer with Vista pre-installed OEM is like having half a copy
of Vista. For instance,
with the pre-installed computer, what do you have for a hard DVD copy of
Vista? Usually only your own
self-made recovery disks. That's it and they can only go with that
computer.

I've been lamenting this very thing recently myself, because I wanted to set
up an XP/Vista dual boot with Vista already installed on my desktop.
But XP has to have a way of detecting the motherboard drivers on the install
and the only place those drivers exist are
buried in with tons of other files on my recovery disks. They're virtually
impossible to find.

I say don't sweat it - many times what we consider to be a mistake turns out
to be a lucky turn down the road.

Good Luck, Frank Bright

 
S

Steve Thackery

The Vista that comes preloaded on new PCs is the OEM version. This can only
be used on one PC, and never moved over when you upgrade your hardware. The
hardware supplier is responsible for providing support.

The retail version can be moved between PCs. Microsoft provides support.

Technically you shouldn't be able to buy the OEM version unless you are
building a PC, but there are plenty of ways around it.

That aside, like most people it Britain I'm furious at Microsoft's rip-off
pricing compared with the price in the US.

Steve
 
Ad

Advertisements

J

Julian

Steve Thackery said:
The Vista that comes preloaded on new PCs is the OEM version. This can
only be used on one PC, and never moved over when you upgrade your
hardware. The hardware supplier is responsible for providing support.

The retail version can be moved between PCs. Microsoft provides support.

Technically you shouldn't be able to buy the OEM version unless you are
building a PC, but there are plenty of ways around it.

That aside, like most people it Britain I'm furious at Microsoft's rip-off
pricing compared with the price in the US.

The price differential between the UK and the USA
isn't particularly a M$ thing.
Virtually everything from a fag paper to a Ferrari is $1/£1.

Current exchange rates mean goods are half price in the USA.
 
Ad

Advertisements

G

Guest

I feel alot better now,Thank's Frank.

IQON

Frank Bright said:
I disagree, and I'm only saying that you did get something for your money -
freedom of choice.
You purchased the freedom and ability to put a clean, fresh install on ANY
computer you buy without ALL the bloatware
that you get with pre-installed OEMs.

To me, an computer with Vista pre-installed OEM is like having half a copy
of Vista. For instance,
with the pre-installed computer, what do you have for a hard DVD copy of
Vista? Usually only your own
self-made recovery disks. That's it and they can only go with that
computer.

I've been lamenting this very thing recently myself, because I wanted to set
up an XP/Vista dual boot with Vista already installed on my desktop.
But XP has to have a way of detecting the motherboard drivers on the install
and the only place those drivers exist are
buried in with tons of other files on my recovery disks. They're virtually
impossible to find.

I say don't sweat it - many times what we consider to be a mistake turns out
to be a lucky turn down the road.

Good Luck, Frank Bright
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top