Iternet Explorer won't open

Robert

My computer is Windows XP Home and everything works including Mozilla
Firefox and Opera except Internet Explorer. So I downloaded Internet
Explorer from Microsoft's website and it appears to have completed okay but
there is no .exe file and no icon so I can't open it. Any ideas how I can
open IE on my computer?

Robert

Robert

I've instaled it twice and the run command looks for an .exe and there isn't
one. Tried it anyway with "ieexplorer" and it said not found, of course.

Don Varnau

Hi,
Attempts to uninstall IE6 from XP [usually] simply remove access to IE,
including hiding iexplore.exe.

Try this.
by IE. OK your way out. Restart.

You may also have to go into "Set program access & defaults" and make
choices regarding "Default" and "Enable access."

You may also have to go into Display properties> Desktop> Customize to check
IE under Desktop icons.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

Robert

Thanks. I did this and was able to start it but I got "Runtime Error. This
application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application support team."

Any idea why?

Robert said:
My computer is Windows XP Home and everything works including Mozilla
Firefox and Opera except Internet Explorer. So I downloaded Internet
Explorer from Microsoft's website and it appears to have completed okay but
there is no .exe file and no icon so I can't open it. Any ideas how I
can
open IE on my computer?

Robert

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM

Uninstall the Google toolbar and install the newest version from their Web
site.

Robert said:
My computer is Windows XP Home and everything works including Mozilla
Firefox and Opera except Internet Explorer. So I downloaded Internet
Explorer from Microsoft's website and it appears to have completed okay but
there is no .exe file and no icon so I can't open it. Any ideas how I
can
open IE on my computer?

Robert

I don't understand. Google toolbar? I'm trying to get Internet Explorer to
work.

"Robert" <cpq1bcle[at]verizon.net> wrote in message
My computer is Windows XP Home and everything works including Mozilla
Firefox and Opera except Internet Explorer. So I downloaded Internet
Explorer from Microsoft's website and it appears to have completed okay
but
there is no .exe file and no icon so I can't open it. Any ideas how I
can
open IE on my computer?

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM

Sorry, but that error is usually caused by having an older version of the
Google Toolbar installed.

Robert said:
[...]

I don't remember ever installing a Google Toolbar. What else could it be?

Frank Saunders said:
[...]

gp

Hi You might have installed it,any ways u can go to add/remove there u
can c the google toolbar option go in remove it and try what Frank said

Robert said:
I don't remember ever installing a Google Toolbar. What else could it be?

Control Panel | Network and Internet Options | Internet Options | Advanced
Uncheck "Enable third-party browsing attachments" and try opening IE.

Robert

Thank you.