Italian Clubs Relegated TWO divisions

Reaction score
Can't believe these three clubs will be playing in the second division in Italy next year. I knew it was coming but still, to see it happen was still pretty shocking. AND Juve have been docked 30 points at the start of the season, so they will struggle to go up first season aswell. There is going to be A LOT of transfer activity happening soon after this!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/5164194.stm

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I just hope Newcastle can pick up some bargains here, as we need a new striker at least. :)

Reaction score
bodhi, i thought the 3 teams had just dropped one division from seris A to B?

Ian Cunningham said:
I just hope Newcastle can pick up some bargains here, as we need a new striker at least. :)
Well with Shearer retired & Owen injured you may need someone up front.
My team the mighty Shrewsbury Town need to look for a play off place this year, just hope none of this going to the wire crap we have had recently. Are keeper is good, but looks like he will get sold:(

Reaction score
Yeah Abour, you're right, i read it wrong. But with Juve docked 30 points from the start they might as well be down two because the wont get straight out of Serie B!!

Lots of Bargains. Ian, N'castle could go for Trezeguet!!

Reaction score
Yep, some great bargains to be had if you have £15 Million to spend on a footie player.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
HaHahaha

Absolutely justified also , their national game has been rigged for decades..:lol:

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Just a shame after they deservedly won the world cup.

Juventus had 8 players that played in the World Cup final, now there in serie b with -30 points :/.

Heres some info about it:

Juventus:
Demoted to last place in 2004-05 season and stripped of that season’s title. Their 2005-06 Serie A title win has also been wiped out. They will start next season in Serie B with 30 point deduction. Former directors Luciano Moggi and Antonio Giraudo banned from football for five years.

Fiorentina:
Relegated to Serie B with 12-point penalty for 2006-07. President Andrea Della Valle banned for three years and six months. His brother Diego, the club’s honorary President, suspended for four years.

Lazio:
Relegated to Serie B with seven-point penalty for 2006-07. President Claudio Lotito banned for three years.

Milan:
They stay in Serie A, but will start next season with a 15-point deduction. They are deducted 44 points from last season’s point tally which means they have not qualified for the Champions League. Vice-President Adriano Galliani banned for a year. Rossoneri official Leonardo Meani suspended for three years and six months.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
My rant ok

Yeh and they are double rigged lol...Barcelona and Real Madrid whiter than white ...come on they would be next if Fifa had any Blloks....which they dont.
Foreign football is crap ..all corrupt ..

Reaction score
Yeah, think that's a bit of a rash comment Mr Rush. Considering 5 Premiership teams are currently under investigation for corruption. It's like any business, there will be certain corrupt areas, but it's not all that way.

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Well the teams under investigation appealed against there punishments and all won in some way, very crazy indeed!

Fiorentina and Lazio have both been put back into Serie A after being dumped down into Serie B. They both start with points deducted though. Lazio start the season with -11 points, whereas Fiorentina start with -17 points.

Juventus are still down in Serie B but start the season with only -17 points compared to the -30 which they were given 1st time round.

Milan who were gonna start the season with a -15 deposit are now looking at only starting with -8 points and are now going to be in the champions league.

All very complicated, but I wrote it out as easy as I could!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Who gives a monkeys anyways :D

Sorry :blush:

Attachments

• newcastle.jpg
    newcastle.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 86

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Haha, I got that pic you just posted as a card from Beckys parents (being a Newcastle supporter)! :D

Reaction score
It would never happen here, the FA dont have the balls to do it!
They showed over Svengate, that their in charge of a rudderless boat.

Ask a Question