Is vb.net using Windows XP themed controls ?(Newbie)

DivB

Hello,

Is vb.net using Windows XP themed controls ?

I use to develop software in a language called Visual FoxPro.

And I remember that when I drop a command button or some other Windows common control in VisualStaudio.net (first version) it looks like an old Win32 control. For my surprise VisualStudio.net wasn't using (like VFP years ago did) themed controls.

My questions is: Does VisualStudio.net 2003 support themes -without API calls or something like that- ?

I just want to drop a control on a form and I expect to get a themed XP-fashioned control.

Thanks a lot!

Pablo SV

Ken Tucker [MVP]

Hi,

Yes it does. Set the controls flatstyle to system and call
application.enablevisualstyles. In visual studio 2005 all controls default
to the xp style.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...msapplicationclassenablevisualstylestopic.asp

Ken
----------------------
"DivB" <divbyz at g mail.com> wrote in message
Hello,
Is vb.net using Windows XP themed controls ?
I use to develop software in a language called Visual FoxPro.
And I remember that when I drop a command button or some other Windows
common control in VisualStaudio.net (first version) it looks like an old
Win32 control. For my surprise VisualStudio.net wasn't using (like VFP years
ago did) themed controls.
My questions is: Does VisualStudio.net 2003 support themes -without API
calls or something like that- ?
I just want to drop a control on a form and I expect to get a themed
XP-fashioned control.
Thanks a lot!
Pablo SV

Jan Hyde

"Ken Tucker [MVP]" <[email protected]>'s wild thoughts
were released on Wed, 27 Jul 2005 05:37:13 -0400 bearing the
following fruit:
Hi,

Yes it does. Set the controls flatstyle to system and call
application.enablevisualstyles. In visual studio 2005 all controls default
to the xp style.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...msapplicationclassenablevisualstylestopic.asp

I don't know about 2005 but I'd avoid using
enablevisualstyles in 2003, sooner or later your going to
get an error you can't explain that is solved simply by
removing that call.

Unless there is a fix for this issue?

Ken
----------------------
"DivB" <divbyz at g mail.com> wrote in message
Hello,
Is vb.net using Windows XP themed controls ?
I use to develop software in a language called Visual FoxPro.
And I remember that when I drop a command button or some other Windows
common control in VisualStaudio.net (first version) it looks like an old
Win32 control. For my surprise VisualStudio.net wasn't using (like VFP years
ago did) themed controls.
My questions is: Does VisualStudio.net 2003 support themes -without API
calls or something like that- ?
I just want to drop a control on a form and I expect to get a themed
XP-fashioned control.
Thanks a lot!
Pablo SV

Jan Hyde (VB MVP)

You are 100 and 10% correct! enablevisualstyles causes erratic behavior and
should be avoided.