Is this legit or a fake?

Discussion in 'Windows XP Security' started by Tom Moers, Sep 29, 2003.

  1. Tom Moers

    Tom Moers Guest

    I received this message from a friend of mine in Texas. After doing what
    she asked, YES, I did find this on my machine.

    > 2. In the folder option, type the name:jdbgmgr.exe
    > 3. Be sure to search your C drive and all the sub folders and any other
    > drives you may have.
    > 4.Click "Find now"
    > 5. The virus has a teddy bear icon with the name jdbgmgr.exe
    >
    > DO NOT OPEN IT!!!!!!
    >
    > 6. Go to Edit (on the menu bar) and select delete. It will then go to the
    > recycle bin. If you find the virus, you must contact all the people in

    your
    > address Book so that they may eradicate the virus from their own address
    > book.
    >
    > To do this:
    > 1. Open a new e-mail message
    > 2. Click the icon Address Book next to "To"
    > 3. Highlight everyname and add to BCC"
    > 4. Copy this message and paste to email.
    >
    > This will affect everyone in your address book so do it now!

    The file is on my Microsoft® Debugger Registrar for Java folder
    :\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32

    Thanks for any feedback

    Tom

    ----

    Tom Moers, Sep 29, 2003

  2. Tom Moers

    randwulf57 Guest

    Tom Moers:
    "jdbgmgr.exe file hoax"
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/jdbgmgr.exe.file.hoax.html
    "Virus Hoax: Microsoft Debugger Registrar for Java (Jdbgmgr.exe) Is Not a
    Virus"
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;322993
    randwulf57

    randwulf57, Sep 29, 2003