Is clipboard data stored in more than one slot?

Gustaf Liljegren

I just lost a lot of text I'd written, because I stupidly added another
piece of text to the clipboard (CTRL+C) while I had this other text
stored on the clipboard. So, I wonder, is there more than one "slot",
and if so, how do I access the other slots? Otherwise, does anyone know
a mod for this?

Gustaf

Carey Frisch [MVP]

The information is only stored on the Clipboard temporarily.
When you cut or copy information from a program, it is moved
to the Clipboard and remains there until you clear the Clipboard
or until you cut or copy another piece of information.

You can save the contents of the Clipboard to an individual
Clipboard file instead of a ClipBook page. These files generally
have the extension .clp and cannot be shared with others.
The Clipboard can store text in different formats, such as the
Text character set (used by most Windows-based programs).
The View menu gives you the ability to see your data in various
formats.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"Gustaf Liljegren" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message:

|I just lost a lot of text I'd written, because I stupidly added another
| piece of text to the clipboard (CTRL+C) while I had this other text
| stored on the clipboard. So, I wonder, is there more than one "slot",
| and if so, how do I access the other slots? Otherwise, does anyone know
| a mod for this?
|
| Gustaf

Russell

If you have any of the Mircosoft Office products, like
word, running. Try opening the 'Edit' option and
selecting 'Office Clipboard'. The Office clipboard has a
tendency to collect things; but not allways; I tried it
and even something I copied from NotePad ended up in it.

Alex Nichol

Gustaf said:
I just lost a lot of text I'd written, because I stupidly added another
piece of text to the clipboard (CTRL+C) while I had this other text
stored on the clipboard. So, I wonder, is there more than one "slot",
and if so, how do I access the other slots?

The system itself just has a single clipboard, that gets over written by
the next clip. There are third party multiple clipboards - I use
Clipmate from www.thornsoft.com