Irritating spyware?

Azure

Hey all,

My fiance just got hit by something on her laptop. Web pages begin opening
and advertising some WinAv, VirusHeat, etc. programs. I've run Avast
(free), A2 (free), and Adaware (free) and although they have found items
the incessant web page opening has not stopped.

Is there a good remedy for this? It reminds me of years ago when I got hit
by something that made my browser open to blank:about and I used a shredder
program to remove it.

TIA for any info.

Btw, we are now considering purchasing Kaspersky or Nod32. Anyone have an
opinion on which program is better? Or maybe a third option?

Thanks,

Az

pcbutts1

Use Remove-it version 18, it's fast and free. It now has over 9500
signatures to remove All variants of Rogue scanners, Desktop/Homepage
Hijackers, Trojans, Codec's, and related Malware/Spyware. Download it here
http://pcbutts1.com/downloads/tools/tools.htm

jen

Azure said:
Hey all,

My fiance just got hit by something on her laptop. Web pages begin
opening
and advertising some WinAv, VirusHeat, etc. programs. I've run Avast
(free), A2 (free), and Adaware (free) and although they have found
items
the incessant web page opening has not stopped.

Is there a good remedy for this? It reminds me of years ago when I got
hit
by something that made my browser open to blank:about and I used a
shredder
program to remove it.

TIA for any info.

Btw, we are now considering purchasing Kaspersky or Nod32. Anyone have
an
opinion on which program is better? Or maybe a third option?

How to remove VirusHeat (Removal Instructions):

-jen