IrfanView 3.98

Thore

Installed this new one...
In "Slideshow mode" I can't "add all"...
Deleted and reinstalled v 3.97 - no problems..

--
Venlig hilsen / Best regards
Thore Sorensen - DK2700 Brønshøj / DK2620 Albertslund

(Erstat evt. AT med @ i mailadressen hvis du mailer direkte)
Min hobbyside: www.RacePhoto.dk

Helen

Thore said:
Installed this new one...
In "Slideshow mode" I can't "add all"...
Deleted and reinstalled v 3.97 - no problems..

--
Venlig hilsen / Best regards
Thore Sorensen - DK2700 Brønshøj / DK2620 Albertslund

(Erstat evt. AT med @ i mailadressen hvis du mailer direkte)
Min hobbyside: www.RacePhoto.dk

I did NOT uninstall v. 3.97 nor its plug-ins. I left it and then installed
v.3.98 - OS Home WinXP SP1 and have not experienced the
problems you mentioned. I've had no problem with it whatsoever.
BTW, I did not dl anything but v. 3.98. Apparently the plug-ins from
3.97 were picked up by it and used? I dunno but it works just fine
and all the 'select all' are the same as with v. 3.97. Yes, both work.

Helen

Gert van der Kooij

(Thore said:
Installed this new one...
In "Slideshow mode" I can't "add all"...
Deleted and reinstalled v 3.97 - no problems..

Same problem here, I've send a message to the author. Most likely
3.99 (or 3.98a) will popup soon.

Alpha

Same problem here, I've send a message to the author. Most likely
3.99 (or 3.98a) will popup soon.

no problems here, uninstalled everything, installed everything new,
all ok, running xp pro with sp2 & all updates.

alpha.

Recycle food today, eat your local mp for dinner.
England, land of thugs, hoodies, chav's, scumbag kids & druggies.
Be childish, leave half a lemon in your will to the taxation department.

Sheldon

Alpha said:
no problems here, uninstalled everything, installed everything new,
all ok, running xp pro with sp2 & all updates.

I wonder whether this is like a problem in Pegasus Mail for Windows: the
author wants it do do some things, and made use of Windows XP's abilities
in recent versions. So now some things work worse under Windows 98x than
they did in older versions of Pegasus.

Gert van der Kooij

Alpha said:
no problems here, uninstalled everything, installed everything new,
all ok, running xp pro with sp2 & all updates.

alpha.

I'm running XP Home with SP2 & all updates. I don't use the slideshow
option a lot so it's not a big issue for me.

hummingbird

Installed this new one...
In "Slideshow mode" I can't "add all"...

I've installed v3.98 and the "add all" option appears on the left
of the screen which pops up when you use slideshow.
Are you referring to sumamt else?

Sheldon

hummingbird said:
I've installed v3.98 and the "add all" option appears on the left
of the screen which pops up when you use slideshow.
Are you referring to sumamt else?

Pasted from a Yahoo group:

From: "latrothelost" <eskeptic5@...> Date: Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:17 pm
Subject: Re: 3.98 problem

Just an update:

For the slideshow/batch "Add all" .JPG and "All files" issue (see
bug): http://irfanview.tuwien.ac.at/iview398.exe

He said it was odd that in the original 3.98 version, the problem only
occasionally cropped up for him. But the fixed version does take care
of it (for me at least).

As for the bug adding .TIFF files twice, he said it was a Windows API
peculiarity, so it's been around in all the earlier versions. I said
to him it wasn't worth fixing, since perhaps few out there have a
..TIFF instead of a .TIF (aren't they the same thing?)? I just
stumbled onto it because I was testing all the listed extensions.

Pretty nice guy, and a great program (I've been using it for years now).

-Rick

Thore

Just an update:

For the slideshow/batch "Add all" .JPG and "All files" issue (see
bug): http://irfanview.tuwien.ac.at/iview398.exe
Downloaded this one. It's about 500 bytes bigger than the first one
from yesterday, and the problem is gone...:)

BTW... I use Win98, and as I read the posts here, it's not a problem for
XP-users...

Irfan Skiljan - as always - is very quick...:)

And when I got your attention all:

A very happy new year to all readers of this group, all the great, fast
supporters here, all the Freeware-authors out there and everybody
involved in the great, time-consuming work with the PL2006-project..:)

As Dave Allen said in my young days: "May Your God be with you"...:)

--
Venlig hilsen / Best regards
Thore Sorensen - DK2700 Brønshøj / DK2620 Albertslund

(Erstat evt. AT med @ i mailadressen hvis du mailer direkte)
Min hobbyside: www.RacePhoto.dk

Gabriele Neukam

Thanks for this link; I had the same problem. From a directory with
(identical) .tif and .jpg files, only the former would be added to the
slideshow. Hopefully, this is now gone.

Gabriele Neukam

(e-mail address removed)

J. Yazel

As Dave Allen said in my young days: "May Your God be with you"...:)
======================

Nostalgia.

Do you know what his current situation is? Is he still making TV shows
or what?

Thanks for any info.

Jack

Jim Scott

Nostalgia.

Do you know what his current situation is? Is he still making TV shows
or what?

Thanks for any info.

Jack

Not since he died.