IrfanView 3.98 - batch/add all ?

Thore

Installed ver. 3.98 some months ago, and just tonight found out, that
theres a minor error:

In Batch mode I can't 'add all' pictures (for renaming and so...)
Clicking the button is no respons..Others had this problem?
For now I reinstalled version 3.97 which is running fine..

--
Venlig hilsen / Best regards Thore Sorensen
DK-2700 Bronshoj / DK-2620 Albertslund

Se min hobbyside: www.RacePhoto.dk

Susan Bugher

Thore said:
Installed ver. 3.98 some months ago, and just tonight found out, that
theres a minor error:

In Batch mode I can't 'add all' pictures (for renaming and so...)
Clicking the button is no respons..Others had this problem?
For now I reinstalled version 3.97 which is running fine..

Known problem - download the updated verson:

http://irfanview.tuwien.ac.at/iview398g.exe
0.99 MB (1,039,872 bytes)

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Michael Laplante

Thore said:
Installed ver. 3.98 some months ago, and just tonight found out, that
theres a minor error:

In Batch mode I can't 'add all' pictures (for renaming and so...)
Clicking the button is no respons..Others had this problem?
For now I reinstalled version 3.97 which is running fine..

There was a thread about this about four to six weeks ago. Somebody provided
a link for a corrected version, if you want to Google for it. It doesn't
seem to be available yet through the 'normal' Irfanview download links.

Craig

Michael said:
There was a thread about this about four to six weeks ago. Somebody provided
a link for a corrected version, if you want to Google for it. It doesn't
seem to be available yet through the 'normal' Irfanview download links.

Direct download is:
<http://www.irfanview-online.de/phpBB2/index.php?f=73&sid=8c09d13bbdb6a377374d879733fb4d19>

More info available at:
http://forum.irfanview-online.de/viewtopic.php?t=217&sid=ececc6637815b27c7c3d4b80431f316b

Long & short this forum is in German and explains that 3.98g is the
patched version. I've downloaded this, installed it and afterwards
chose "english" in the options panels.

Works as advertised (i.e. great!)

-Craig

Susan Bugher

...which links to the german version of release 3.98 :)

Oops - that's the link that was posted earlier. :( Let's see if we can
figure this out. . . The history section is no help. Irfan usually
notes only major version changes. . .
http://irfanview.tuwien.ac.at/main_history.htm
"Version 3.98 ( - CURRENT VERSION - ) (Release date: 2005-12-24)"

I downloaded from this link on March 3, 2006:
http://irfanview.tuwien.ac.at/iview398.exe
884 KB (905,728 bytes)

I didn't download the app when it was *first* released so I can't
compare files sizes. Would someone who downloaded the app in December or
early January please compare file sizes. I'm guessing the download
that's available now has the fix.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

MLC

sabato 18 marzo 2006 Susan Bugher ha scritto:
I downloaded from this link on March 3, 2006:
http://irfanview.tuwien.ac.at/iview398.exe
884 KB (905,728 bytes)
I didn't download the app when it was *first* released so I can't
compare files sizes. Would someone who downloaded the app in December or
early January please compare file sizes. I'm guessing the download
that's available now has the fix.

Mine was downloaded on 14th January:
iview398.exe 884 KB
and still has the bug.

So, no much help from the size :-(

Craig

Antoine said:
...which links to the german version of release 3.98 :)

Yes, as I posted. I also posted that one switches to English /after
install/.

fwiw,
-Craig

Susan Bugher

Craig

Susan said:
Thank you Craig. :) I'm glad to have that sorted out (I missed your post
the first time around - had only the link in my file).

Susan

YW Susan;

Glad you found it useful. And that you could muddle through the German.
I found it worked just to shut my eyes and click. <g>

-Craig