IPSec Services

G

First of all, you can see right away I know nothing about this topic so if anyone can help, keep it as simple as possible please.
I am a home user and connected to the internet via Charter Communications Cable.
I have had no symptoms of a problem except an entry in my Event Viewer at least once a day....................

IPSec Services:
IPSec Services failed to get the complete list of network interfaces on the machine, This can be a potential security hazard to the machine since some of the network interfaces may not get the protection as desired by the applied IPSec filters. Please run IPSec monitor snap-in to further diagnosis the problem

Okay, I attempted to run the IPSec monitor snap-in from the MMC right? but, I found no information available, perhaps I did it wrong???

And another question.................Do I even need the QoS Sheduler in my network configuration

Yikes
Mariann

G

OK, since this issue has already been discussed in this forum, will someone answer me this

Do I even need this IPSec Service running?

I have "not" set policies for it so it is running with MS default policy anyway

If "I" set policies for IPSec Services will it improve my security or do I really have a need for this type of security

I say need it because as I said before, I am a home user and am connected to the net via a cable modem.

Thanks
Marianna

T

Tin

for home users, i'd say disable both of these services. I don't see any
reasons for home users to have it installed unless you have multiple
computers sharing on a 56k modem through a switch with QoS capability.

Marianna said:
First of all, you can see right away I know nothing about this topic so if
anyone can help, keep it as simple as possible please.
I am a home user and connected to the internet via Charter Communications Cable.
I have had no symptoms of a problem except an entry in my Event Viewer at
least once a day.....................
IPSec Services:
IPSec Services failed to get the complete list of network interfaces on
the machine, This can be a potential security hazard to the machine since
some of the network interfaces may not get the protection as desired by the
applied IPSec filters. Please run IPSec monitor snap-in to further
diagnosis the problem.
Okay, I attempted to run the IPSec monitor snap-in from the MMC right?
but, I found no information available, perhaps I did it wrong????

Ask a Question