iPod 60gb volume is pants?!

Reaction score
I've loaded a few CDs onto my new iPod and listened to them through the iPod earphones and through a 'Pocket Party' and even with the volume as high as it will go and the sound check on or off, the max vol is really poor! I know I'm not deaf as I've listened to the same CDs through my old CD player and the max volume on that far outweighs what I can get on my iPod.

Have I loaded the music up wrong? Is there a setting on the iPod I've missed? Or is there a max setting that the safety police have impossed in case we disturb gran next door with our modern gramaphone musical discs??!

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
the volume of the actual tracks when they were ripped may have something to do with it, you could always amplifiy the songs a couple of Db in a music editor like audacity (its free) and see if that makes any difference

Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
the volume of the actual tracks when they were ripped may have something to do with it, you could always amplifiy the songs a couple of Db in a music editor like audacity (its free) and see if that makes any difference

I wondered that, but when I play the tracks on my PC and laptop through iTunes they blast me out quite happily!!

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
I've got a mini ipod, I seem to remember when uploading my music collection to itunes there was an option to equalize all the track volumes so they were all the same. Maybe something to do with that?

Ask a Question