iPhone won't receive picture messages - how to fix!

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I had a problem with my iPhone - basically I could send picture messages but if someone sent one to me I had to pick it up online. Annoyingly, the retrieval website was not accessible using Safari, meaning I had to remember to check when I was next at my computer

I had bought the iPhone directly from Apple, and used a SIM only contract from T-Mobile. They put some automatic settings on the iPhone which meant I could not access the Cellular Network Data (Settings > General > Network) and therefore could not fix the problem.

To cut a long story short, after a lengthy discussion with T-Mobile, they sent me to the Apple shop, who sent me back to T-Mobile...

After all this palava it turns out that the problem is fixed by simply sending a photo to myself via MMS.

Anyhoo, all fixed now. When I was trying to figure it out there was nothing online to help, so hopefully if anyone else has the same problem they can read the solution here!

:thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ha ha, such a simple solution! Would never have thought to do that myself though!

I just tried it, but it sent it as an iMessage... how did you send it as a plain MMS?

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
You have to turn iMessaging off - Settings > Messages > iMessage on/off

Hope it works for you too! :)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
... yes, and don't forget, if you want to use the phone as a phone, turn it on first. :)

Ask a Question