IPBOOTP

Sean Johnson

After installing a Multimodem card in my W2K RRAS server
I now get 2 IPBOOTP Error messages after a user is
authenticated, it doesn't matter whether the user is
connecting over a VPN or a dial up session.

The event ID is - 30022
IPBOOTP was unable to receive an incoming message on the
local interface with IP address x.x.x.x . The data is the
error code.

The IP address in the description of the error is a DHCP
given IP address to the Internal LAN and Demand Dial
Interface in my RRAS server

The RRAS server is enabled as a router (LAN and demand-
dial routing and a remote access server.

I have DHCP relay active on the RRAS server as it isn't
my DHCP server.

It doesn't seem to affect my system but I don't like
having error messages in my event log's

Any info would be gratefully received.

Terry Barcroft [MSFT]

Hello Sean,

Check out the following article.
827507 Windows 2000 Server-based Computer Cannot Join the Network
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=827507

As far as I am aware, the available hotfix has resolved most instances of
this problem.

Thanks,
Terry Barcroft [MSFT]

When replying, please post to GROUP so that everyone can benefit from the
knowledge.