Internet explorer restriction

Arp Hiemstra

Hello,

is there any way that i can restrict access to the address
bar in internet explorer using group policy.

Users should only be able to access pages in favorites etc.

Thanks

Vivien Wu [MSFT]

Hello,

Thank you for posting your question here.

You can try the process below.

1. Open IE. Click the View menu, point to Toolbars, clear the check mark
next to Address Bar.

Export the following key to a .REG file called NoBar.reg

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser]

Import NoBar.reg to the needed computers.

2. In Group Policy, go to User Configuration, Administrative Templates,
Windows
Components, Internet Explorer, Toolbars:

a. Enable - Disable customizing browser toolbars
b. Enable - Disable customizing browser toolbar buttons

Thanks.

--------------------
| From: "Arp Hiemstra" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "Arp Hiemstra" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Internet explorer restriction
| Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 06:23:04 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy
|
| Hello,
|
| is there any way that i can restrict access to the address
| bar in internet explorer using group policy.
|
| Users should only be able to access pages in favorites etc.
|
| Thanks

Sincerely,

Vivien Wu
MCSA, MCSE2000 and MCDBA2000
Microsoft Partner Online Support

When responding to posts, please Reply to Group via your newsreader so

Vivien Wu [MSFT]

Hello,

Have you changed the group policy for Toolbars on your local computer? If
so, please disable the related changes first.

In Group Policy, go to User Configuration, Administrative Templates,
Windows Components, Internet Explorer, Toolbars:

a. Disable - Disable customizing browser toolbars
b. Disable - Disable customizing browser toolbar buttons

After that, launch IE. Click the View menu, point to Toolbars, and place a

-------------
| From: "jasont" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "jasont" <[email protected]>
| Subject: RE: Internet explorer restriction
| Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 07:58:13 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy
|
| ook well i did that but i didnt push it out into a gpo,
| but i did do it on my local machine, but now i have a
| problem how do i get it back. I deleted the nobar.reg
| file and my address bar still did not come back

| >|
| >| Hello,
| >|
| >| is there any way that i can restrict access to the
| address
| >| bar in internet explorer using group policy.
| >|
| >| Users should only be able to access pages in favorites
| etc.
| >|
| >| Thanks
| >|