Internet Explorer 7

Ian

Hi

I cannot find a newsgroup specifically associated with my title (in english)
so apologise in advance if this is in the wrong "room"

Can you roll back IE7 to 6 or simply remove IE7 (using Mozilla for eg
instead) Reason I ask is that I and many of my friends have had major
issues with IE7 beyond belief and I want shot of it

thanks in advance

You can go into the add/remove programs and you can do that operation there
or you canrestore back to when you ddidn't have it installed. Either way will
change it back.

mae

newsgroup:

How to uninstall Internet Explorer 7
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=927177
--
mae

"Ian" <youainthavingit.co.uk> wrote in message
| Hi
|
| I cannot find a newsgroup specifically associated with my title (in
english)
| so apologise in advance if this is in the wrong "room"
|
| Can you roll back IE7 to 6 or simply remove IE7 (using Mozilla for eg
| instead) Reason I ask is that I and many of my friends have had major
| issues with IE7 beyond belief and I want shot of it
|
| thanks in advance

Rock

Hi

I cannot find a newsgroup specifically associated with my title (in
english) so apologise in advance if this is in the wrong "room"

Can you roll back IE7 to 6 or simply remove IE7 (using Mozilla for eg
instead) Reason I ask is that I and many of my friends have had major
issues with IE7 beyond belief and I want shot of it

You should have scanned through the posts in this group or done a search
with Google groups advanced search. You would have easily come up with many
messages about this topic and where to post.

Uninstall IE7 through add/remove programs. It will revert to IE6. For the
future IE7 questions should be asked in the Internet Explorer newsgroup.
There are quite a few posts there so peruse them for something on topic
before posting a new message.

Newsreader:

On the Web:
http://www.microsoft.com/communitie...?dg=microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general

Tim Slattery

Can you roll back IE7 to 6 or simply remove IE7 (using Mozilla for eg
instead) Reason I ask is that I and many of my friends have had major
issues with IE7 beyond belief and I want shot of it

You can uninstall IE7 by going to Add/Remove programs in the Control
Panel. IE7 is listed there just like any other program. Uninstalling
it will take you back to IE6.

You can install and use Mozilla Firefox regardless of which IE version
you're using.

Ian

I am aware that you cn install mozilla regardless, however, MS updates don't
work on Mozilla (and other programmes) so you do need a version of Explorer,
I just don't want version 7. MS should be hung for the inconvenience caused
by this awful update

Gordon

Ian said:
I am aware that you cn install mozilla regardless, however, MS updates
don't work on Mozilla (and other programmes)

yes they do - there's an IETab extension for Firefox (may be one for Mozilla
as well) that allows you to use Windows Update in Firefox....