Internet connection sharing problem

J

JB

Hi all,

I've a strange request for you.
At home I've 2 pc and a PS3 connected together. I've no ADSL connection, just an ISDN one.
I've configured 2 dial-up connections, one at 64kb and the other at 128kb.
I've activated internet connection sharing on the first one (the one at 64 kb) so both my laptop and my ps3 can go online through mi "server" pc.

My problem is that anytime I want to connect at 128kb I need to manually activate internet connection sharing on that dialup-conection before activate it and of
course I need to manually switch back to the previous settings when I want to go at 64k

Is there any command/script I can use to automatize the selection of the dialup-connection on which is activated the connection sharing?

I need this because now I've a flat account but I would like to keep my pc connected to the internet at slow speed during day (so one telephone line is free)
and at full speed at night.
Actually I can connect/disconnect automatically using rasdial but I'm limited in using the 64k connection.

Any hint?

best regards
JB

B

Bob I

Look for and download AutoIT from the authors website. That will do what
ever you are doing manually now.

J

JB

Bob I ha scritto:
Look for and download AutoIT from the authors website. That will do what
ever you are doing manually now.
It isn't exactly the solution I was searching for but I will give that tool a try.
Thanks for the info.

Best regards
JB

Ask a Question