International Space Station

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
This is an amazing animation of the way that the International Space Station has been assembled since its beginning in 1998. The clickable links on the right, will open dialogue boxes with lots more info. Linky here

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I viewed it, which probably means I have Flash installed.

imo Flash is harmless, has never done me any harm, anyway, AFAIK.

I do note some people, notably Linux nuts, object strongly to it though. Why?

Anyhow, that space station animation is fascinating.

I didn't even know it existed tbh :blush:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Fascinating link there TC! It's hard to belive there's a 200ft space station orbiting us... human beings are pretty clever (well, some anyway ;)).

It's also odd to think that the moon landings were over 40 years ago now, incredible when you think about it.

Reaction score
Nice find TC.....to think that's all going on up there and i didn't even know. I thought when the shuttle's go up they are just orbiting the earth, never thinking they were building stuff. Suddenly deep space 9 or any of the star trek versions aren't so whacked out.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
captain zed said:
.... Suddenly deep space 9 or any of the star trek versions aren't so whacked out.

Snap! I had a similar thought, it reminded me of how Deep Space 9 might have got started... had it been real, that is :nod: :D

I wonder whether the Space Station can be added-to even more as the years pass? So that one day it will become a small "city" in space? It's all fascinating stuff :nod:

Reaction score
Compared with the Star Trek films the space station is quite primitive,but for us a tech` marval. But as the decades come and go it will become more "Star Trekie" I suspect. But it`s only 200 odd miles up.It`s a bit like the sea men of the past who were petrified in losing the site of land in case they couldn`t find their way back to land. And who can blame them. In the vastness of outer space the further one goes out the smaller the "land" becomes.
historian

Reaction score
Have you seen the latest star trek movie ?. It's even more fantastic than any of the other movies.

Ask a Question