Internal card reader...

Reaction score
Hey,

I am looking for a card reader that fits in a floppy drive bay, but does not go in to the USB pins on the actual MoBo, as i dont have any left.

Is there any other way of connecting it?

is it possible to get a normal USB internal card reader and stick a wire out of the back on the PC into one of the Proper USB ports?

KGB

Reaction score
KGB see this form:

https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-13900.php

I brought this cardreader from overclockes.co.uk site
only 5 quid i think but as u can see from that forum i found it difficult to connect the usb headers to my motherboard
and as a result i somehow damaged the readers on my motherboard they wont work now

since then i did not try this internal card reader on another machine purely cuz i coulndt be asked, but i can tell u its a v good idea to getone of these they go into a 3.25inch floppy drive they r a lot better than the big nasty looking ones!!!

Reaction score
I dont have any spare USB headers on my MoBo that i can use, so i need an alternate way of connecting it :)

I actually need more, is it possible to add more headers to a motherboard?

Reaction score
I dont think there are any other ways of connecting one up...

Unless there are firewire ones...

Maybe a new USB PCI card would have some headers?

Reaction score
yes kgb for a memory card reader im v sure u will need either internal or external usb port

i dont think a USB PCI card would have internal headers, they would only be external i beleive, but best to investigate eh?

good luck

Reaction score
but isnt that from the US?

Ive never brought from us before, not that im gona buy it anyway!!!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
psd99 said:
but isnt that from the US?

Ive never brought from us before, not that im gona buy it anyway!!!
Probably, but I was using it as an example ... meaning Yes, you can get an internal all-in-one card reader.

:p

Reaction score
Cheers Mucks, any idea where i can get one in the UK i cant find that specific one over here

Reaction score
so have u got the reader KGB?

which one did u go for then in the end

im looking for one here too, the one i gott was a waste of money

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Just thought I'd add my system details here, not really relevant, but here goes.

My DFI board came with something similar, a 5.25" front bay panel with hinged cover (I sprayed the cover black to match my case). It has: 1 x firewire; 2 x USB2; headphone socket; microphone socket and a four-led motherboard status indicator panel.

My new printer takes all memory cards so I don't really need one of those panels Mucks has linked to.

But I have to say, it looks a very good product for the price. I use my front panel a lot, very useful indeed :)

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Just thought I'd add my system details here, not really relevant, but here goes.

My DFI board came with something similar, a 5.25" front bay panel with hinged cover (I sprayed the cover black to match my case). It has: 1 x firewire; 2 x USB2; headphone socket; microphone socket and a four-led motherboard status indicator panel.

My new printer takes all memory cards so I don't really need one of those panels Mucks has linked to.

But I have to say, it looks a very good product for the price. I use my front panel a lot, very useful indeed :)

very nice

any chance of a couple of pcitrues please?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Here we go:

Closed:

01.jpg

Open:

02.jpg

Open taken without flash:

03.jpg

Printer card readers:

04.jpg

Reaction score
Very very nice Flops! thats looks very stylish

i woulndt mind one of those 5.25inch ones on my case.
but do they all connect up to the internal USB headers on the motherboard?

i think mine are damaged :(

Ask a Question