Integrated fax/cordless phone/answering machine

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Hi

Does anyone out there have any recommendations for me? I am after a fax/cordless phone/answering service (integrated product).

I am currently considering a Sharp machine at 149.99 but thought I'd check out whether anyone had any better ideas. Budget = no more than £200.

All suggestions will be gratefully received.

Love

Gabs xx

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I have always used Panasonic ones for years and they have never disappointed me ever, good reliable machines and great back-up. Just make sure you buy plain paper ones and not thermal types. If you shortlist a couple of Panasonic models currently available in your area I can help you with the choice you make.

Can you provide a link for the Sharp for reference, please?

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear Quad

Thanks for getting back to me. At the moment the following are on the short list:

Panasonic KXFC235E which retails at £149.99

http://shop.panasonic.co.uk/invt/kxfc235e

Panasonic KXFC245E which retails at £179.99

http://shop.panasonic.co.uk/invt/kxfc245e

Sharp UX-BD90H which retails at £149.99

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produ...e,+PC+and+phones>C$cip=36227.Fax+machines.htm

None of the above are thermal machines.

I would be happy to go with your recommendation from this list or any other model you suggest within the price limit.

Thanks again!

Gabs xx

Last edited:

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Hi there Flops

If your fax had a cordless phone I would have snatched your hand off!!

I need the flexibility of being able to wander with the phone if needs be as I will be working from home alot and want a second line for business use.

In my job I will need a fax as there's quite a lot of stuff that can't be emailed.

Many thanks again for thinking about me.

Love

Gabs x

Last edited:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
The Panasonic model 245 will come in very handy for one reason which is the dual hand-set which the 235 does not have, this alone makes this model worthwhile for buying. Once you start to use it you will realise you do not need the cordless unit for dialing out from the base unit. This facility is not there with the lower priced one. I personally prefer to use the handset rather than speakerphone which of course does not provide any privacy. I checked the specs of all three and I would buy this one if I were you. I also checked some other options at a bit higher prices but they do not do anything special which the 245 cannot do. The next category up is for the laser ones but they a very pricy and not suitable for a home office. When you get to be a bigshot you can always consider them :D

By the way I did a bit of research and found two stores selling the same unit at £20 less. Dixons and Currys, unless you do not trust them or someone reading this post tells you to stay away from these two stores I do not see any reason why you should not go ahead and pick it up.

Dixons

Currys

*Flops don't worry someone will buy your nice one if not Gabs, since she needs the cordless phone with it as she already mentioned it in the post above* ;)

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Thank you Quad.

The funny thing is when I went to my local (albeit very small Dixons last week) to look at fax machines they had NONE and said that they did not sell them at all!!!!

I shall do some shopping around for the best price.

Love

Gabs xx

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
gabriella said:
In my job I will need a fax as there's quite a lot of stuff that can't be emailed.

Yes, me too. I don't think any small business can function without a Fax machine actually, they're still widely used.

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
I've got a Brother MFC-620CN Fax (plain paper), answering machine, scanner, photocopier, printer (cost about $350 NZ & the NZ dollar is still about 1/2 the value of the £ I believe) with a socket to plug my cordless phone into. It works great & the whole thing sits neatly on my desk. I love it & I regularly use all of it's functions, although the fax function is perhaps not as often needed as the others. I've had it about 2years now & never had any trouble with it.
The reciever mic of the inbuilt speakerphone has a low pick-up range & you have to stand very close to the machine to be heard. but It did a perfectly good job of recording my answerphone message & I never actually use it as a speakerphone so that suited me just fine.

I bought it when I was setting up my info research business at home. Space is limited so I wanted something multifunctional & compact. The business didn't come to anything unfortunately (the breaking the back thing makes it hard for me to stay sitting or standing for long... bit of a bummer when you're setting up a computer research business... but i ain't given up hope yet) But I've never regretted getting it & it's seen some pretty hard useage.
Interestingly it is sold (here anyway) not with the multifunction printer-scanners-etc... but with the fax machines, & is a fraction of the cost of the printers even though it does more than most of the printers do.
I expect that there's newer models out there now, 2 years is a long time in the world of technology, but it still might be worth checking.

Last edited:

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Thank you to everyone who responded to me/helped with my search. I am going to buy the Panasonic 245 model and am currently looking for the best price on the net.

Again, thank you for your kindness.

Love

Gabs xx

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Hi

I am just off to the 'big' Dixons near us to check out - prices at Dixon online are quite a bit cheaper (as I think Quad pointed out). Will let you know later how I get on.

Love

Gabs xx

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Hi all

The quest is complete - went to Currys and ordered the fax - arrives next Tuesday - have to collect from the store. Price = £149.99 oh and I bought a spare cartridge/film to have in handy.

Next quest - second phone line!!

Many thanks again.

Gabs xx

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Does second phone line means another fax machine :D

By the way that price you paid is what you had quoted for 235 in your first post :D I'd say that was good hunting :thumb:

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Hello Quad

The fax/phone is for the 2nd line. The 2nd line will be for buisness use which leaves the home line separate. This is why I wanted an integrated phone/fax + answering service.

I think the price was good from Currys - Panasonic were quoting £179.99 + delivery for the same machine.

Love

Gabs xx

Ask a Question