InstallShield problems

Denise

I had to reinstall "The Sims" and "The Sims Hot
Date". "The Sims" installed and plays just fine but when
I tried to install "The Sims Hot Date" it just gives me
the following error message: 'The InstallShield Engine
(iKernel.exe) could not be installed (0x100000)'

Both games ran perfectly well on my computer previously
and I don't understand why it won't work now! Can someone
please help?

Chris H.

Check in Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Services and make sure
Cryptographic Services is started and running.

Denise

Hi Chris
Tried that, and it is. Any other ideas?
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP

.

Denise

Hi Chris
I have checked and all three of the stdole files are
there. Can you think of anything else it could be?
Denise

Hi Chris
I have checked and all three of the stdole files are
there. I also have administrative rights. Can you think
of anything else it could be?
Denise

Denise

okay.... who's Jimmy? Or am I being a bit dim?