Installing the Gigabyte Rocket Cooler

Reaction score
Hi with that zalman fan and heatsink the temps are hitting 60/65C but that's still not on full load and on the xp2200 not the 3200.

I do have the rocket cooler here I think VR sent it but I am wondering how the heck do you install that on this motherboard the gigabyte one? It is the pro2 7400 gigabyte

I just google and found this:
https://www.pcreview.co.uk/reviews/C...ket_Pro_Cooler/

mmmmmmmmmmmm

Flopps is the man with the answers I thought this fan wouldnt fit but it does
its so damn hard to fit this cooler. Im sure this will keep it much cooler especially the xp 3200.

I am struggling to get the retention clips clipped in
should I take out the motherboard?

psd99

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
You should be able to fit it by using one screwdriver in the clip slot to hold it down and another screwdriver to guide the clip into place.

Don't forget your thermal paste.

If you still can't manage it then yes, taking the motherboard out will help.

Reaction score
I will try that out
i was using my finger on one side
and the screw driver on the other.

it is difficult to move around in there so cramped out

I wanting to ask you something else
can the cpu temperature become less hot if the cooling aroud the system and the system temp itself was lower?

ie such as installing additional fans
could i expect some sort of cpu temp drop?

Reaction score
Damn Flopps this was a Bi** of a fan to install!

It took ages in the end I had to take out the motherboard which took a lot of effort!
It does actually work powered the machine up, on near silent the fan at it's lowest my CPU Temperature is hitting 55-57C it has been on for a while now I ran lots of big videos too.

The reason I was asking about the above is that the current case is small the other one is a full tower. It is a lot bigger and the system temperature is a lot lower. Which should hopefully knock off 3-5C on the cpu temperature.
Which I think will be safer, that currently.Considering I remember running this machine with the cpu temperature hitting 71C!

I have just installed that Gigabyte Fine Tune 4. I am an overclocking novice you got any advice?

I am so far impressed with this Gigabyte Rocket Pro Fan. It is the missing peice in the jigsaw I am not thinking deeper about exchanging the insides of the pcs.

Ask a Question