Gigabyte 3D Rocket Cooler Pro

Reaction score
Hello,

I currently have an MSI motherboard with a AMD Athlon XP 2800+ processor - the processor idles at 58 degrees celsius it seems, and when I was playing World of Warcraft yesterday (which is about the only game I play at the moment) I saw it rise to around 64 degrees celsius. I'm currently using the stock heatsink/fan that came with the processor, but to me, these temperatures to seem a little hot.

I was looking at getting a 'Gigabyte 3D Rocket Cooler Pro', after reading quite a few reviews. However, everywhere I look it only seems to mention the cooler being compatible with the Athlon XP 3200+ and higher (at least, that's the lowest spec processor it mentions on Gigabytes web page for this product).

My question: Will the 'Gigabyte 3D Rocket Cooler Pro' be compatible iwth a AMD Athlon XP 2800+ (Barton)?

Cheers,
Mike

P.S: If anyone knows an alternative product/set-up that they believe will work better at reducing my PC's temperatures (without being too noisy!! ), please let me know.

Last edited:

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
you'll have to be careful, sometimes there isn't enough clearance around the CPU socket to install big heatsinks

Ask a Question