Installed XP SP2 but no Bluetooth icon in Control Panel

Harry66

Insalled XP SP2 on top of a regularly updated XP Pro SP1a
install and there is no Bluetooth control applet in the
Control Panel. I have check in Category View and Classic
view but it is not there. I can see the new Wireless
Network Setup wizard but no Bluetooth.
Weird!!
The only problem I remember is that during the Backup
stage of the SP2 install it complained it could not find
ATAPI.SYS and I told it to continue with out it.

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello Harry,
Did you have Bluetooth software installed prior to installing SP2? If
another install of Bluetooth is found SP2 doesn't overwrite it.
You may want to try hardware detection to see if we can detect the
Bluetooth radio in your system. Your system does have a Bluetooth Radio
correct?
Does Device Manager show the Bluetooth devices?
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Brendon

I have the same problem with my new Dell m700 laptop. SP2 installation
succeeded without any issues. It won't auto detect my Belkin Bluetooth
USB adapter. Device Manager does not show any bluetooth devices.
Running btprops does not launch the bluetooth console. Absolutely
nothing happens. I've tried running hardware detection and it doesn't
detect any bluetooth devices. Device manager does not list any
Bluetooth Radios. I'm at my wits end with this bluetooth support. Any
help would be greatly appreciated.