Install Frontpage 2000 in Windows XP Pro machine

el

Hi all,
I'd tried to install Frontpage 2000 onto a Windows XP Pro machine but the installation failed with an error ..could not find something with the server extension on Personal Web Server (Sorry, I forgot the exact error message). Can I install FP2000 onto a WXP Pro machine?

TIA,
el

Chuck Davis

Yes, FrontPage 2000 can be installed on a Windows XP machine.
Hi all,
I'd tried to install Frontpage 2000 onto a Windows XP Pro machine but the installation failed with an error ..could not find something with the server extension on Personal Web Server (Sorry, I forgot the exact error message). Can I install FP2000 onto a WXP Pro machine?

TIA,
el

el

What are required before I can do that?
"Chuck Davis" <newsgroup at anthemwebs dot com> wrote in message Yes, FrontPage 2000 can be installed on a Windows XP machine.
Hi all,
I'd tried to install Frontpage 2000 onto a Windows XP Pro machine but the installation failed with an error ..could not find something with the server extension on Personal Web Server (Sorry, I forgot the exact error message). Can I install FP2000 onto a WXP Pro machine?

TIA,
el

Ronx

If you use disc based webs - nothing else is required.
If you use server based webs - you need Windows XP Pro, and install IIS
and FrontPage 2000 extensions from the Windows XP Pro CD.

Andrew Murray

XP Home doesn't support the Personal Web Server (or any web server such as
IIS).

You can install FP without PWS (I think that's done through "Custom
Installation" rather than "Default").

Hi all,
I'd tried to install Frontpage 2000 onto a Windows XP Pro machine but the
installation failed with an error ..could not find something with the server
extension on Personal Web Server (Sorry, I forgot the exact error message).
Can I install FP2000 onto a WXP Pro machine?

TIA,
el

Thomas A. Rowe

Do a custom Install, and do not install the Extensions, etc.

Thomas A. Rowe
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

http://www.Ecom-Data.com