install and run from a USB memory stick

davidshook

I have a lexar 512mb usb memmory stick.
I want to be able to install and run programs directly from the memory
stick. For example, I need to be able to use dreamweaver and Flash MX
directly from the memory stick, since I move from different comupters
that do not allow me to install software on them. (I use my home
computer, school and work computer and even client computers).

I am wondering if there is a way that I can run the software directly
from the memory stick and this way I don't have to rely on the
specific computer's -ermission to install the software... this way I
can use the programs I want on any computers I want at anytime, rather
than have to carry a laptop, or hope that the new comp[uter does not
have restrictions on installations.

Thaqnk you in advance

CS

I have a lexar 512mb usb memmory stick.
I want to be able to install and run programs directly from the memory
stick. For example, I need to be able to use dreamweaver and Flash MX
directly from the memory stick, since I move from different comupters
that do not allow me to install software on them. (I use my home
computer, school and work computer and even client computers).

I am wondering if there is a way that I can run the software directly
from the memory stick and this way I don't have to rely on the
specific computer's -ermission to install the software... this way I
can use the programs I want on any computers I want at anytime, rather
than have to carry a laptop, or hope that the new comp[uter does not
have restrictions on installations.

Thaqnk you in advance

You can't run a program like Dreamweaver from a memory stick or flash
drive. In order for the program to run correctly it must be installed
to the operating system and set the proper registry entries.

About the only programs that can be run from memory sticks are ones
that will execute separate from the operating system.

davidshook

1) how do I know which programs need the operating system to work?

2) is there any way (like a script/program/hack) to fool the program
so it will run from the stick on any coputer?

CS said:
[...]

Yves Leclerc

For Lexar USB sticks, I know that mainly any utility delivered on it (ie:
Lexar JD Traveler) works direct on the stick. As for the rest of
applications, any apps that need to install into the Windows Registry will
not work!

davidshook said:
[...]

[/QUOTE]

davidshook

Does anyone know a hack/fix that will fool a program on the memory
stick to think that it is installed on the operating system???

davidshook said:
1) how do I know which programs need the operating system to work?

2) is there any way (like a script/program/hack) to fool the program
so it will run from the stick on any coputer?

CS <[email protected]> wrote in message
On 4 Jul 2004 18:21:58 -0700, (e-mail address removed) (davidshook)
wrote:

[...]

Bob I

Answers:
1) All of them require an operating system.
2) Nope