Inspection Database Design Help Please

Reaction score
I need to create an inspection database for Stormwater Management Facilities (BMPs). Currently there are 3 separate paper forms that I am supposed to design a database for. I have created databases previously but this is very complex and due to recently learning about normalization I have gotten myself completely confused.

I have researched and have tried using the Survey database designed by Duane Hookem and another Questionnaire database example but they don't fit my needs exactly and trying to use them has just made me lose my mind. I've based my structure on the example Survey as shown below. I think something is incorrect but I have no idea what.

I'm also at a loss as to how to make the forms correctly and all of this work together. I plan on having a form (BMPInv Data on it), Subform (Inspections Data), and TabControl with SubSubform for the Questions with each tab representing Level 1 of the question numbering. But how do you get the answers on there too. They want it to look like a list of questions on the screen with fields to the right of each where they can either select or enter the answer to the questions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Danielle
upload_2016-7-20_15-27-20.png

Ask a Question