Inserting pictures in Excel 2003

I am attempting to insert jpegs and/or gif files in an excel worksheet. After
inserting and resizing picture to fit, then clicking on a different
worksheet, the picture disappears. I have also tried copying files created on
another PC with Excel 2003 onto mine. The files copy minus the pictures. Am
using an HP Pavilion dv4000 with 1024 mb ram. Can anyone give me some help
here? Thank you...

Aqib Rizvi

I am attempting to insert jpegs and/or gif files in an excel worksheet. After
inserting and resizing picture to fit, then clicking on a different
worksheet, the picture disappears. I have also tried copying files created on
another PC with Excel 2003 onto mine. The files copy minus the pictures. Am
using an HP Pavilion dv4000 with 1024 mb ram. Can anyone give me some help
here? Thank you...

Go to Tool, Options, Click on View Tab, and check Show All
Regards
Aqib Rizvi

Jim Cone

A long shot but...
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925082/en-us
"The icon is blank when you insert an object..."
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"jawone48"
wrote in message
I am attempting to insert jpegs and/or gif files in an excel worksheet. After
inserting and resizing picture to fit, then clicking on a different
worksheet, the picture disappears. I have also tried copying files created on
another PC with Excel 2003 onto mine. The files copy minus the pictures. Am
using an HP Pavilion dv4000 with 1024 mb ram. Can anyone give me some help
here? Thank you...

Aqib --- Thanks for the answer, however, this setting was already checked and
the problem still exists. Do you have any other suggestions?

Jim Thank you for your response. This MS fix did not address the issue.
When I click INSERT, the anchor points appear and I have to click again
inside the anchor points. The pic appears, but the next time I go to another
worksheet, the pic has vanished except for the anchor points with a green
colored dot at the top. Still baffled. Regards...

Further update. I found the fix. Thanks to a post from Bob I in 2005 in
response to a similar issue posted by Toby Tyke. In short, he suggested
installation of updated video adaptor drivers through HP helpsite. This did
the trick. Thanks again to all who responded to my post. Regards...