information en francais

therese goudreau

De: "D_Pizziferri" <[email protected]>
Objet: 'Too many fields defined' error??
Date: 24 novembre 2007 16:37

I keep getting this error message when I use VBA to export a crosstab query
to Excel, even though the query has only 15-20 columns. The database is
compacted upon each close, and the error occurs even if run just after
opening the database.

Any ideas? This query/transfer process worked fine a few weeks ago, but now
it fails every time, and of course I have a deadline.

Thanks!!

Probably a generic error message, meaning "the export failed,
and that probably means there were too many columns".

Since you have a deadline, run the export into a local table first,
then export the table to excel. That gives you a better look at
what you are actually doing, and avoids some hard-to-trace
bugs.

(david)