index.htm page * fp2003

G

Question... FP2003

when I double click my index.htm page of my site, it opens fine.

when I then click from 'design' to 'code' view, it adds the "*" to the page tab as if I had changed something when I have not.

So I then save page, fp does, then the * comes right back as if I had changed something when I have not.

This only happens on this page and only happens when I look at the 'code' view.( example...if I went to close page then it would ask me to save changes...but I haven't made any)

Any ideas why this is happing ? ? or how to fix ??

thank you

T

Thomas A. Rowe

What is in this page?

--
==============================================
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

SirJust said:
Question... FP2003

when I double click my index.htm page of my site, it opens fine.

when I then click from 'design' to 'code' view, it adds the "*" to the page tab as if I had
changed something when I have not.
So I then save page, fp does, then the * comes right back as if I had changed something when I have not.

This only happens on this page and only happens when I look at the 'code' view.( example...if I
went to close page then it would ask me to save changes...but I haven't made any)

T

Thomas A. Rowe

Is this on web where you can provide a URL to it?

--
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

G

Thanks Thomas....

Actually I just found a backup copy I had made before a renamed it index.htm.

I saved it as index.htm and that problem has vanished.....I guess I'll never know why that happed..............all the code was exactly the same....

It's www.gfc316.com if you want to take a look...

thanks

G

** I was medding around with it a bit more..and I think I figured out why it was doing that...

The original hyperlink on the site to enter was word art... I don't think it liked that....I changed it to a button and I believe that's what fixed the problem

sirjust

T

Thomas A. Rowe

You should avoid WordArt (VML Graphics) as they are not supported outside of IE.

--
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

SirJust said:
** I was medding around with it a bit more..and I think I figured out why it was doing that...

The original hyperlink on the site to enter was word art... I don't think it liked that....I
changed it to a button and I believe that's what fixed the problem

Ask a Question