In game crashes ingame

Reaction score
i play counter strike source and i get ingame crashes with looping sounds of the last thing i heard. they have a support of this and they said to disable my sound card. i was thinking of buying a SB X-Fi sound card.
here is link-
http://support.steampowered.com/cgi...3B2PSZwX2N2PSZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**&p_li=&p_topview=1

here is comp specs
AMD X2 4200+
6800GT Gfx
2GB RAM
500GB+ HDD
3 Case fans
1 CPU Fan
Currently onboard sound card

you guys think its a good idea to get an x-fi?

Reaction score
pci s/c

Looks a good card on their website and going from on-board to a dedicated card may help.

Reaction score
alirght is there a big difference between the XtremeMusic and the Platinum? if XtremeMusic is great for gaming then i will probably get that. if there is a big difference between Premium and XtremeMusic i may get premium? which one do u guys recomend for gaming, and entertainment?

Reaction score
yea true. i wasnt gonna buy it till i know for sure it was problem, but if it is the problem i was wondering if i shuld get xtrememusic or platimum, which one is worth the best? also i tried disabling my osund card and nvr got the problem. so i know for sure it is the problem of sound card but i just dont know if it will be solved if i get a new one >.<

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
try it a couple more times with the sound disabled to make sure its that, whether putting in a soundcard will give you the same problem or not i dont know

the difference between the cards seems to be the front panel with the platinum with I/O connectors volume controls and a remote

they both are the same card so get which one you can afford

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
get extreme music, not the platnuim. its the better deal unless you record your own music.

Ask a Question