Importing a Table

Joan

When attempting to import a table to a new database from
an Access database every field in every record came
through as #Error with a pop up message of "The decimal
field's precision is too small to accept the numeric you
attempted to add." Can anyone explain where I went wrong,
and how to correct this error.

prabha

Hi Joan,

See if installing the latest service pack to the JET Database Engine helps,
see: How To: Obtain the Latest Service Pack for the Microsoft Jet 4.0
Database Engine

I hope this helps! If you have additional questions on this topic, please
respond back to this posting.

Regards,

Eric Butts
Microsoft Access Support

"Microsoft Security Announcement: Have you installed the patch for
Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026? If not Microsoft strongly advises
you to review the information at the following link regarding Microsoft
Security Bulletin MS03-026
<http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-026.asp> and/or
to visit Windows Update at <http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/> to install
the patch. Running the SCAN program from the Windows Update site will help
to insure you are current with all security patches, not just MS03-026."