IMAP E-mails Automatically Marked As Read?

danny michel

outlook is somehow automatically marking all my emails as read via imap for my host's emails. i've tested it. i send myself a bunch of emails and it takes about a second and a half for outlook to automatically mark them all as read at once, no matter what the subject is or what the email's contents are or where the emails are coming from. this only happens in outlook and nowhere else i check my host's email via imap. this is a fresh outlook install with no rules set or anything..
Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com

geekmaster1

yes i am actually. but my iphone doesnt mark everything as read
thanks for the reply

Are you syncing with a smartphone?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/

Outlook Tips by email:
mailto:[email protected]

mailto:[email protected]

How many email accounts are in your main Outlook profile?http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=36602

"danny michel" <xcingix[at]gmail[dot]com> wrote in message

outlook is somehow automatically marking all my emails as read via imap
for my host's emails. i've tested it. i send myself a bunch of emails and
it takes about a second and a half for outlook to automatically mark them
all as read at once, no matter what the subject is or what the email's
contents are or where the emails are coming from. this only happens in
outlook and nowhere else i check my host's email via imap. this is a fresh
outlook install with no rules set or anything.. Submitted using
http://www.outlookforums.com

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Disable syncing the account with the smartphone and see if the problem is
solved - I'm sure it will be as every case I've seen like yours was caused
by the sync process marking them read.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]