I'm giving away a Photobucket premium account worth $25

Clif Notes

Photobucket Give-away
by Clif Notes
http://clifnotes.tk

Two years ago, I started up a blog site to document my adventures in
freeware. I soon discovered that my blog host did not allow any local
storage of images. That was bad, because I knew that in order for me to
use images on a website, the images had to be stored somewhere out on
the net that everyone could access. Images can be the difference
between a boring website and an exciting web experience.

What was I going to do?

I was fairly new to web publishing, but I had heard there were places
on the net that would store images for you so that you could display
them on a website. Finally, I found Photobucket's image hosting
service. The best part was that they also offered free accounts and
I've been using their service ever since.

Photobucket is a free, photo and image hosting service that empowers
individuals to publish the contents of their digital life. Photobucket
was recently named the Fastest Growing Site of 2005 by
Nielsen//NetRatings and is now the leading image hosting, sharing, and
publishing site in the world. They have over 11 Million registered
users and are now growing by over 1.2 Million users per month.

Photobucket users are able link their images in any of their Blogs,
Auctions, Discussion Forums, Albums, Emails, in personalized
Photobucket albums, and in other unique ways that the Photobucket
service comes up with every day.

I recently talked to the nice folks at Photobucket, and they agreed to
let me give away a one year Premium account. The Photobucket Premium
account allows you to upload up to 1 Gigabyte of photos and images, and
would normally cost you $25.

Just send me a short letter telling me why you want a free Premium
Photobucket account and in about two weeks I'll announce the winner.
http://snipurl.com/EmailClif

Anyone can sign up for a standard free Photobucket account that allows
you to store hundreds of photos. Go to Photobucket now for a free
account or to learn more about this great free service.
http://www.photobucket.com/register.php?pbaffsite=17

PS: I never asked Photobucket for anything in return for doing this. I
receive no money or any other special status because of this project.

Have fun!

Clif

Craig

Clif said:
Photobucket Give-away

Just send me a short letter telling me why you want a free Premium
Photobucket account and in about two weeks I'll announce the
winner...<stuff deleted>..

So, what's this Cliff? Prostrate-ware? Mendicant-ware?

"Free" my ass.

-Craig

Clif Notes

Craig said:
So, what's this Cliff? Prostrate-ware? Mendicant-ware?

"Free" my ass.

-Craig

Hi Craig,

Your reply sounds like a troll to me, but I'll reply anyway. I've seen
several offers like this at ACF, but if you feel it doesn't belong here
you are welcome to complain to the authorities, or put me in a
killfile, or decline to read any offers from me.

Have fun!

Clif
http://clifnotes.tk

Sietse Fliege

Clif said:
Just send me a short letter telling me why you want a free Premium
Photobucket account and in about two weeks I'll announce the winner.

Sorry, Clif

I don't want to see this crap in this froup.
I just unsubscribed from your newsletter.
Goodbye!

Craig

Clif said:
Hi Craig,

Your reply sounds like a troll to me,

More like a flame but, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. <grin>
The "free my ass" comment was...well, a tad melodramatic. Ok, *very*
melodramatic. But..hey...<shrugs>, what you're offering is a shareware
beauty contest.

"Convince me why I should give you this limited-time-use webware and
I'll decide whether you win."

I could've been more diplomatic about it but, heck, you & I've been
around the block enough times.
I've seen several offers like this at ACF,

hokay...and your point is..?
but if you feel it doesn't belong here you are welcome to complain to
the authorities, or put me in a killfile, or decline to read any
offers from me.

Or kvetch about it right here, right now. As you write on your website:
Be sure to write me for advice or yell at me for messing up.

I'm here to "yell" in a.c.f. that you've spammed a.c.f. w/non-a.c.f.
ca-ca. No biggie. We all make mistakes, you've made one.
Have fun!

Thanks and best wishes,
-Craig

Susan Bugher

Elf Wizard

Hi all, :)
I really don't like to see some people leave this wonderful freeware
newsletter. And all this because of a competition? But noone is forced
to participate. If you don't like it, just ignore it and choose one of
the other solutions.
Although I 'm sorry to see people going away, I don't like people that
can't talk and exchange opinions like free citizens, only flaming with
bad lang.
Anyway, I 'll continue recommend this completely free, freeware
newsletter, to any Windows user (beginner or expert).

Greetings from Greece.
Elf Wizard. :)

POKO

Sorry, Clif

I don't want to see this crap in this froup.
I just unsubscribed from your newsletter.
Goodbye!
Oh the humanity - Clif, you just fell into the pits with the likes of
Corliss, Dszady and me for not following acf conventions. Hell, I'll
still read your newsletter and your posts over at Infopackets too, but
that's just me. While I'm here, anybody need a 1995 Pontiac Sunrunner
with low mileage? Write me a letter telling me why I should sell it to
you.
Sietse - to error is human, to forgive is divine,

Susan Bugher

Clif said:
That's an excellent list, thanks Susan.

Yup. :) Thanks go to thunder7 who posted it.
I noticed http://datapickup.com/ was no longer in business.

Thanks Clif, I've noted that in the wiki.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Vegard Krog Petersen

Sietse - to error is human, to forgive is divine,

I'm woth you on that, POKO.
Clif made, in some peoples eyes, an error. But there is no reason to
crucify him...

regards from vegard

--
Vegard Krog Petersen - Norway

http://vegard2.no -
Solitaire MahJongg guide, Sarah Michelle Gellar Solitaire,
Freeware Logo & symbol, Halma & Chinese Checkers,
Pachisi & Ludo, Freeware Solitaire, My fishy site (fishing
games), a.c.f.g information, Fredrikshald Havfiskeklubb
18+ sites: Firefoxy, Adult Solitaire, Fishy Pictures,
Sexy Chess, Sexy Librarians, Sexy Football

Sietse Fliege

Vegard said:
I'm woth you on that, POKO.
Clif made, in some peoples eyes, an error. But there is no reason to
crucify him...

Crucify? It's not quite that time of the year yet. :)
As it happens though, just today I couldn't resist the urge to play the
Matthäus Passion again.

But I recognize crap when I see it (crucial for survival ;) ).
When it's clear to me that Clif understands to have made an error I will
resubscribe.