IIS Web server on Win 2000 Pro?

E

Erik

Hello,

Will I be able to use the IIS Web server on Win 2000 Pro?
Is it included on the installation?

Thanks,

Erik

G

George Hester

Yes it is incuded in a custom installation not as a default installation. But never fear you can still install it. Go to Start | Settings | Control Panel | Add\Remove | on left choose Windows Components | the section has to do with Network services something like that maybe even says Internet Information Services choose that | CD-ROM in drive | install IIS | reboot | apply your current version of Windows 2000 Service Pack again | reboot. Make sure you have Microsoft Networks in TCP\IP installed and File and Print sharing. Verrified by Start | Settings | Network and Dial-up Connections | Select your active connection | Advanced | Advanced settings. | in the bindings. Make sure TCP\IP comes BEFORE NetBEUI. Do this before you start the installation.

The verify installation by Start | Run | http://localhost | OK.

G

ok, that's the default answer, i can find it in win help files
but...what about if, i don't know why, i can't find IIS in win components install??? (win installation cd
i've a WIN2K sp4 ie 5.
do i have to install something like word, excell or frontpage
or i can find IIS in a stand-alone pack
please help me!!!! Tx

G

George Hester

It's there under Network Componnets. Choose them all you'll have I(nternet)I(nformation)S(ervices). With the Windows 2000 CD-ROM in the drive of course.

Ask a Question