iI8042prt

I have Windows 2000 Advanced Server (SP4) with application mode Terminal
Services enabled.
Recently has found some records in System Event Log:
Type: Information
Source: iI8042prt
(buffer size is configurable via the registry).

Is it serious?
What can I do to resolve this issue?

Jack Wang [MSFT]

Hi

Thank you for posting!

This issue is reported by the mouse or keyboard driver when the number of
mouse or keyboard events buffered internally by the driver in nonpaged pool
memory is too low.

You may use the Registry Editor (REGEDT32.EXE) to edit the following entry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services/i8042prt/Parameters

Make the value for KeyboardDataQueueSize and/or MouseDataQueueSize
larger.

NOTE: The default value for both of these is 64.

The above service (i8042prt) name may vary, depending the type of
mouse you are using.

Note: If changing the registry does not solve the behavior, disable the
NetFlex adapter driver from the devices. With some of the NetFlex adapters,
if the card is not disabled, the events can occur and the computer may stop
responding.

For more information, please refer to the following article.

106373 Troubleshooting Event Log Error Messages 11 and 12
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=106373

Hope this helps!

Sincerely,
Jack Wang, MCSE 2000/2003, MCSA 2000/2003, MCDBA, MCSD
Microsoft Online Partner Support

from your issue.