IFMEMBER.exe doesn't work when connected via VPN & calling a Bat f

I've read through some of the other posts and see that many people are having
the same problems I am when trying to run login scripts for users via a VPN
connection.

I've tried to side step this problem by using a batch file to call the
LOGIN.BAT on my DC(which is my main script for all internal users) which
should proceed to map drives as though the users were connected locally.

NOTE: The LOGIN.BAT uses the "IFMEMBER" command to identify which groups the
user is in and map accordingly.

The problem is that the IFMEMBER command doesn't identify the users group
membership properly when executed on a machine that has never been connected
to my domain (i.e. anyone's home PC), even when I copy the IFMEMBER.exe to
the hard drive of the machine trying to VPN in.

Any help with this or other ideas on how to run login scripts via VPN would
be GREATLY APPRECIATED! I'm running out of hair to pull out :)

Thanks,
Rob

Gary Fose [MSFT]

Rob,

Please resubmit your issue with more details:
1. What versions of OS are you using and what SPs? Clients and Servers?
2. What is the VPN endpoint? Windows or other device? And OS/SP?
3. Passing through a firewall?
4. What is the path of the VPN connection?
5. Did this ever work?
6. What is the first line of your bat file?
7. Do all VPN clients experience this?

Thanks,
Gary

'--'From: =?Utf-8?B?Um9i?= <[email protected]>
'--'Subject: IFMEMBER.exe doesn't work when connected via VPN & calling a Bat f
'--'Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 10:41:03 -0800
'--'Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.networking
'--'
[...]

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included
script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best
directed to the newsgroup/thread from which they originated.