@IF Formula

Ann 'Formula challenged'

Hello, I struggle incorporating @IF formulas.

I have three date columns. I need to find the work days between any two
dates.

My challenge is when I use the following formula for the following dates:

K5 reflects 01/09/2009 and J5 reflects 01/09/2009 and I5 reflects 01/02/2009

I use the formula =NETWORKDAYS(J5,K5) the value comes to 1 and it should be
zero.

I use the formula =NETWORKDAYS(I5,K5) the value comes to 6 and should be 5

Also another challenge I can't figure out:

K6 reflects 01/12/2009 and J5 reflects 01/13/2009
I use the formula =NETWORKDAYS(I5,K5) the value comes to (2) and should be
(1).

Thank you in advance for your help!!

Bernard Liengme

The range of dates 01/12/2009 and 01/13/2009 contains two work days when one
counts inclusively
If you want an exclusive count use =NETWORKDAYS(I5,K5) -1
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Ann 'Formula challenged'" <Ann 'Formula challenged'
news:[email protected]...

Ann ''Formula challenged''

Hi,

I actually need an @IF function incorporated as it doesn't work when it is a
negative number such as my example. Would you be able to incorproate an @IF
into my NETWORDDAYS formula? I can't seem to get the right brackets or signs
to get it to be valid. So it should be something like if K5=or>JK than +1,
if K5=or<1, than -1

Bernard Liengme

=ABS(NETWORKDAYS(I5,K5))
will always give a positive value

=IF(K5>=I5,NETWORKDAYS(I5,K5),"")
will give answer when K5 ==I5 but will return blank otherwise

best wishes