IE will not open in new window

brian

I am having a terrible time. I just reimaged my PC and
everything works except for IE. When I open IE and then
try to open another instance of IE it always opens in the
same original window. I have unchecked the "reuse
windows" option in the advanced tab. Even if I right
click a hyper link and click on "open in new window" it
always reuses the window. Someone please help, this is
drving me nuts. THANKS!

DVarnau

Brian,
Are you running any programs to block ads? The google toolbar? That type of
program could be limiting you to one window.

Don

Brian

I uninstalled the google toolbar thinking that was causing
it, but it still happens. I also had ad aware installed
and removed that. It is very weird, never seent his
happen before. Any other ideas? Thanks much.

--
Newsgroup replies preferred, but e-mail address is...
don_04[at]varnau[dot]org

"brian" <anonymous[at]discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I am having a terrible time. I just reimaged my PC and
everything works except for IE. When I open IE and then
try to open another instance of IE it always opens in the
same original window. I have unchecked the "reuse
windows" option in the advanced tab. Even if I right
click a hyper link and click on "open in new window" it
always reuses the window. Someone please help, this is
drving me nuts. THANKS!

.

Gil Theissen

Apparently, 'open in new window' is dependent on the following files,. Run
the following commands from start/run. Run each line individually. After
each run, you should see a short message stating the command was successful.

regsvr32 Shdocvw.dll

regsvr32 Shell32.dll (only applicable to Windows ME, Windows 2000 and XP -
if using an earlier operating system, run regsvr32 shdoc401.dll)

regsvr32 Oleaut32.dll
regsvr32 Actxprxy.dll
regsvr32 Mshtml.dll
regsvr32 Urlmon.dll

If that doesn't fix it, then try replacing OLEAUT32.dll by using Fix1 or
Fix2 below:

Fix 1: Microsoft Office 2000 or an Office 2000 Component Is Installed on
Your Computer
If Office 2000 or or an Office 2000 component is installed on your computer,
obtain and install the Office 2000 Service Release 1 (SR-1). For information
about how to do so, please visit the following Microsoft Web site:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/previous/default.htm

Fix 2: Microsoft Office 2000 or an Office 2000 Component Is Not Installed
on Your Computer
If Office 2000 or or an Office 2000 component is not installed on your
computer, obtain and install the Mcrepair.exe tool. To do so, please visit
the following Microsoft Web site, save the Mcrepair.exe file to the desktop,
and then run Mcrepair.exe:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/msninvestor/patch/1.0/win98/en-us/mcrepair.exe