IE office toolbar problem

We have IE 6.x with Office 2003, XP SP2. On some computers in the toolbar we
have an office button that allows to "import" the web page content to word,
excel etc., and in some machines only word is available and in some none.
Please advise how do i enable this uniform in all the computers - We are
using windows 2003 and group policies are applied.

I asked this question in a different as below and i was asked to raise it
here.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/co...misc&mid=96c45623-665e-4c82-9559-3afdac1898e0

thanks
kannan

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hello Kannan,

Thank you for using newsgroup!

From your post, this is an Office application related question. I believe
the Office experts and peers in Office newsgroup will deliver some
information to you.

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

| From: =?Utf-8?B?S29tYW5kdXIgS2FubmFu?= <[email protected]>
| Subject: IE office toolbar problem
| Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 06:15:30 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser
|
| We have IE 6.x with Office 2003, XP SP2. On some computers in the toolbar
we
| have an office button that allows to "import" the web page content to
word,
| excel etc., and in some machines only word is available and in some none.
| Please advise how do i enable this uniform in all the computers - We are
| using windows 2003 and group policies are applied.
|
| I asked this question in a different as below and i was asked to raise it
| here.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/newsgroups/managed/dgbrowser/en-u
s/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.office.misc&mid=96c45623-665e-4c82-9559-3
afdac1898e0

| thanks
| kannan

A classic example of shuttling me around. Please visit the link i provided
and you will notice that this question was originally asked in the office
forum and the MS expert there asked to me ask here....what do i do now?

Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]

Komandur said:
We have IE 6.x with Office 2003, XP SP2. On some computers in the toolbar
we have an office button that allows to "import" the web page content to
word, excel etc., and in some machines only word is available and in some
none. Please advise how do i enable this uniform in all the computers -
We are using windows 2003 and group policies are applied.

I asked this question in a different as below and i was asked to raise it
here.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/co...misc&mid=96c45623-665e-4c82-9559-3afdac1898e0

thanks
kannan

See:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/htmleditor.htm
"Adding an HTML Editor entry to the registry and set as the default".

Hope this helps.

--
Vincenzo Di Russo
Microsoft® MVP - Most Valuable Professional

Komandur Kannan said:
We have IE 6.x with Office 2003, XP SP2. On some computers in the toolbar we
have an office button that allows to "import" the web page content to word,
excel etc., and in some machines only word is available and in some none.
Please advise how do i enable this uniform in all the computers - We are
using windows 2003 and group policies are applied.

I asked this question in a different as below and i was asked to raise it
here.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/co...misc&mid=96c45623-665e-4c82-9559-3afdac1898e0

thanks
kannan

This could be the BHO or adware changed the Registry on your machine, try to
check this Key:
[-]HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellExecuteHooks

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\URLSearchHooks=

Configure Internet Explorer to open Office documents in the appropriate
Office program
http://www.winxptutor.com/iedocs.htm

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFAQ.htm
http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?q...lem+on+IE6&hl=en&um=1&sa=X&oi=groups&ct=title

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/840656

Microsoft Office Word 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/2530/en-us/?sid=228&aid=3&GSA_AC_More3
Programs that may experience a change in behaviour after you install Windows
XP Service Pack 2
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/886264/

HTH.
nass

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Thanks Vincenzo and Nass.

Hi Kannan, you may try other peers' good suggestions to see if they can
help.

Best regards,

Ken Zhao
Microsoft Online Partner Support

PLEASE NOTE: The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with
break/fix issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!
Let us know what you think by posting
from the web interface: Partner Feedback
from your newsreader: microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
We look forward to hearing from you!
that others may learn and benefit from this issue.

| From: =?Utf-8?B?S29tYW5kdXIgS2FubmFu?= <[email protected]>
| Subject: RE: IE office toolbar problem
| Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 00:40:00 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser
|
| A classic example of shuttling me around. Please visit the link i
provided
| and you will notice that this question was originally asked in the office
| forum and the MS expert there asked to me ask here....what do i do now?
|
| ""Ken Zhao [MSFT]"" wrote:
|
| > Hello Kannan,
| >
| > Thank you for using newsgroup!
| >
| > From your post, this is an Office application related question. I
believe
| > the Office experts and peers in Office newsgroup will deliver some
| > information to you.
| >
| > Thanks & Regards,
| >
| > Ken Zhao
| >
| > Microsoft Online Support
| > Microsoft Global Technical Support Center

<http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| > ====================================================
| > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
so
| > ====================================================
rights.

| > --------------------
| > | From: =?Utf-8?B?S29tYW5kdXIgS2FubmFu?= <[email protected]>
| > | Subject: IE office toolbar problem
| > | Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 06:15:30 -0700
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser
| > |
| > | We have IE 6.x with Office 2003, XP SP2. On some computers in the
toolbar
| > we
| > | have an office button that allows to "import" the web page content to
| > word,
| > | excel etc., and in some machines only word is available and in some
none.
| > | Please advise how do i enable this uniform in all the computers - We
are
| > | using windows 2003 and group policies are applied.
| > |
| > | I asked this question in a different as below and i was asked to
raise it
| > | here.
| > |

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/newsgroups/managed/dgbrowser/en-u

s/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.office.misc&mid=96c45623-665e-4c82-9559-3
| > afdac1898e0
| > |
| > | thanks
| > | kannan