IE Error After Office 2003 Install

TheRayBan

We have Win XP and after installing Office 2003 Standard
Edition today we are getting an error message on a lot of
pages in IE 6.0.

The error..

A Runtime Error has occurred
Do you wish to DeBug?
Line4
Error: The callee (server [not server application] is
not available and disappeared; all connections are
invalid. The call did not execute.

Any help sure would be appreciated!

Ray

Daniel F. Van Der Werken, Jr. [MS]

Ray:

Any web page or specific web pages? If specific, can you provide some
examples?

I'm thinking the COM server isn't started or started properly or it's a
multithreaded application with problems. Our knowledge base describes the
error but not what causes it or how to fix it.

---Dan---

Robert Aldwinckle

Error: The callee (server [not server application] is
Our knowledge base describes the error
but not what causes it or how to fix it.

Daniel,

Evidently we have seen this symptom before.

(Google Groups search:
MVP callee server application available disappeared connections invalid
)

Synopsis:

The most common suggestion has been to disable script debugging.
Next, would be to suspect bad BHO (uncheck Enable third-party...)
Somebody claimed disabling a popup stopper avoided it.

I didn't go through all 20 threads.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
(MVP IE)