IE 6 will not launch FIX !!!!

G

I had the same problem with IE 6 not launching and it started 26 January also. The error message Internet Explorer wanted to send as a report stated: iexplore.exe Appver:6.0.2800.1106 Modname: winshow.dll Modver: 1.0.0.1 Offset: 00009901

I've seen this exact same error message on the discussion board as well as others and I'd be willing to bet they all can be fixed the way I fixed mine.

Apparently the "winshow.dll" is a part of a Memory-resident spyware file or program called Spy CoolWWW, version 1. I suspect many of the others out there having this same exact problem except the error message is different, their error message file is probably also a spy ware program conflicting with Internet Explorer like mine was doing.

I fixed mine by purchasing the "Spy Sweeper" program made by Webroot Software. I ran a spyware scan on my entire system and it found 48 different spyware programs or cookies and removed them all. THEN IE 6 worked perfectly fine! MAKE SURE once you install the program to update the definitions files FIRST before scanning. If you use old definitions files (the ones installed with the program) it won't find these newest spyware files. It works pretty much like Norton Anti-Virus.

If anyone has any questions drop me an e-mail

Ask a Question