IE 6.0 Oversized and overlapping text in browser

Marcum

Oversized and overlapping text in IE 6.0 browser

We have a new Gateway Workstation running WinXPpro with
an Intel(R) 82845G Graphics Controller set to 800X600.

When logged in as Administrator, we have no trouble
viewing web-sites through IE 6.0 properly.

However, when logged in as any "power user", the text on
most web-sites viewed through IE is extremely over-sized
and overlapping.

I've modified screen resolution, "text size" in the
IE "view" menu and font size in display properties - with
no success.

I've gone into IE internet options/fonts to change
the "web page fonts" with no success..

I've gone into IE internet options/accessibility to
enable and/or disable "ignore font syles" and "ignore
font sizes" with no success.

I've created a user style sheet (.css) and enabled it in
internet options/accessibility, and that only seems to
make the web-pages look even worse.

I've uninstalled IE 6.0 and reinstalled it with no
success.

I've researched 100s of articles and found only
suggestions similar to those I have already tried.

I can't help but think that there is a corrupted file
somewhere in IE, because I do not have this problem when
logged on as the administrator of this workstation.

With that in mind, I gave this user account full
administrative rights to allow hardware/software changes -
but still no success.

Please advise.

Marcum

Hey Don! Thx a million for your insight. I have modified
DPI settings without success and even matched those while
logged in as admin... but I have not made the reg entry
as suggested in that article you refrenced. I'll try it
out and let you know the results. Thx again!

I'm not at all sure about this suggestion, but it can't hurt ;-) See if
the information in this article helps:
820286 - PRB Windows XP Does Not Natively Support High- DPI Screens
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=820286

Hope this helps,
Don
--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

.