ICS gives IP conflict, but there is none !?

G

I have the following setup
1.) Internet via Ethernet NIC on IP 141.X.X.X connected to a router on IP 141.X.X.
2.) WLAN adapte
I want to
share the internetconnection via my wlan to another PC with wla
Problem
when I try to activate ICS on my wlan adapter it tells me
.... cannot be enabled due to IP address conflict ... requires 192.168.0.1. Please ensure no other client on the network is configured to use 192.168.0.
BUT: there is -no- other NIC configured to use 192.168.0.1 in a 5 mile radius... I can manually set the wlan IP to 192.168.0.1 and connect to my other wlan stuff, which proves that there is no other 192.168.0.1 IP in my wlan network and the ethernet network is all 141.X.X.X IPs, so no 192.168.0.1 there either... Where is the problem ?

S

Steve Winograd [MVP]

I have the following setup:
1.) Internet via Ethernet NIC on IP 141.X.X.X connected to a router on IP 141.X.X.1
2.) WLAN adapter
I want to:
share the internetconnection via my wlan to another PC with wlan
Problem:
when I try to activate ICS on my wlan adapter it tells me:
... cannot be enabled due to IP address conflict ... requires 192.168.0.1. Please ensure no other client on the network is configured to use 192.168.0.1
BUT: there is -no- other NIC configured to use 192.168.0.1 in a 5 mile radius... I can manually set the wlan IP to 192.168.0.1 and connect to my other wlan stuff, which proves that there is no other 192.168.0.1 IP in my wlan network and the ethernet network is all 141.X.X.X IPs, so no 192.168.0.1 there either... Where is the problem ?

Activate ICS on the Ethernet NIC (the Internet connection), not on the
WLAN adapter. If it asks, tell it to use the WLAN adapter for the
home network.
--
Best Wishes,
Steve Winograd, MS-MVP (Windows Networking)

Please post any reply as a follow-up message in the news group
for everyone to see. I'm sorry, but I don't answer questions
addressed directly to me in E-mail or news groups.

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional Program
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

Ask a Question