ICF (Internet Connection Firewall)

G

Respected Sir/ Madam
I am using Windows XP professional edition. Sometimes my Internet connection Firewall's ICON and the statement written bellow the connection (i.e Firewalled) disappears
When I check the properties of Internet connection then advanced there it shows that connection is FIREWALLED but its ICON and statement doesn't appears
When I refresh the Network Connections folder, all Firewall's ICONs and statements come back and shows that this connection is firewalled.
Why this happens? Is it harmful for my computer? Like for hacking purpose etc..
I hope that you will not disappoint me
Regards

C

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Please visit the Firewall experts in the Firewall newsgroup:
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windows.networking.firewall

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

| Respected Sir/ Madam,
| I am using Windows XP professional edition. Sometimes my Internet connection Firewall's ICON and the
statement written bellow the connection (i.e Firewalled) disappears.
| When I check the properties of Internet connection then advanced there it shows that connection is
FIREWALLED but its ICON and statement doesn't appears.
| When I refresh the Network Connections folder, all Firewall's ICONs and statements come back and shows that
this connection is firewalled.
| Why this happens? Is it harmful for my computer? Like for hacking purpose etc...
| I hope that you will not disappoint me.
| Regards,
|

Ask a Question