i think someone is controlling my friends computer?

Reaction score
i have my friend on the phone at the moment, and she's having problems with her pc. the sidebar keeps moving up and down, she's tried to join this froum but someone hass logged her out, and she's having problems with her email.

basically she keeps on getting thrown out of her email and it sounds like someone else is controlling her pc.

can anyone help?

i've joined this forum on her behalf becasue she can't get on it!

Last edited:
Reaction score
quick addition

my friend says it's been going on for a few weeks, but it's getting worse. she has to werite emails out 3-4 times before she ccan send them (she say) because it stopping her writting or sending them.

this is a real problem and we love to hear any advice you guys could give

thanks captain73

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
First thing she should do is disconnect from the internet (physically unplug the modem cable) - then she'll need to run an antivirus/spyware remover from a USB Drive/CD that she has downloaded from another PC.

Once that is done, it may be worth while running an application called HijackThis to check that any nasties have been cleaned up :)

This thread has all of the applications she'll need to download (on another PC first, then copy them over) - look about halfway down:

https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-2697599.php

Reaction score
thanks for the help, she's still on the phone installing avg, and it's still scanning.

i've told her to install antivir aswell.

my pc crashed a few months ago, and i brought an imac myself.

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
captain73 said:
thanks for the help, she's still on the phone installing avg, and it's still scanning.

i've told her to install antivir aswell.

my pc crashed a few months ago, and i brought an imac myself.

having two anti virus programs on one machine will sometimes create problems with eachother i would stick to just the one.

Also get adaware se
spybot search and destroy
hijack this
and
ccleaner

run all of those :thumb:

Ask a Question