SB live 5.1

added the money from that to my money saved up and got these specs on a new pc
P4 3.0E
ASUS P5GD2 Deluxe
Creative SB Audigy LS
Thermaltake/xaser 3 casing
hec 475W dual fan PS
seagate 7200rpm 80 gig barracuda SATA

now im thinking about a good graphics card. i know i must have the 6800 ultra but im wondering if i should go woth the stock speed or OC speed.

also im thinking of using this fan on my processor since i bought it without the stock heatsink and fan.

34.jpg

freezer7

found this on the arctic cooling website. :D you can check it out on this link: freezer7

will this be enough or should i go for water cooling???

by the way if i go for the 6800 ultra.. will the fan that comes with it be enough to prevent it from heating up to much if i decide to OC the card??:confused:

oh another by the way... i have a 120 mb seagate also sata. can i use raid on it together with my seagate 80 gig??

thanks in advance:)

Reaction score
Great case choice, I love mine but wish it had more external bays.

Using the larger SATA Drive is possible but you will only be able to use up to the capacity of the smaller drive in RAID.

Hope this helps.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Use two HDs of the same size.

My question is ... why do you want to use RAID?

:)

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
How do i get rid of raid? im tired of having to wait a few seconds every startup...*sigh*
Anyways about your comp, get the 6800 GT OC excellent chioce for your cash.

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
If you've got the money, get the X800XT PE, Its around £380, and i would choose it over the 6800Ultra any day of the week. It generates less heat, it consumes less power and it will outperform the 6800Ultra on most games.

If you dont want to be spending next to £400 on a graphics card, and i dont blame ya ;), Get the 6800GT OC, its an extrodanary card for the price. £258 inc VAT from here!
And Inoticed the soundcard you chose, dont get the LS, get the Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS, it had gone down to less than £53 inc VAT (OEM) i have read in alot of places that its the best gaming soundcard money can buy!

Reaction score
You guys must be minted :p which horse am i putting my money on in the 3:30 @ chepstow then :p I've happy with my overclocked 9800 pro for now, but my mate that rassa rassa rassa jammy son of a gun has got one of those top end x800xt platinum editions in his alienware pc on a watercooler overclocked to the hilt, why i orta why i orta :p Sorry green eyed monster coming out there :p

The price of some of these components is half a months wages for me, so unless checkout supervisors get a pay increase soon i'll be settling with divison 2 hardware.

Also on a lighter note i can see the old Nvidia or Ati rivalry coming to surface again.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Another vote for the 6800GT.

You could use RAID with those two disks, but, as Stan the Man pointed out, you'd only be able to use 80Gb of the 120. You'd waste 40Gb. For the small advantage a RAID 0 would give you in my opinion it's not worth it.

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
Use two HDs of the same size.

My question is ... why do you want to use RAID?

smile.gif
correct me if i'm wrong on this ive read this on a website that you can use raid so that you'll have two identical drives. works like a backup. if the other fails, you'll still have the exact copy of the HD that failed on the other. i just want to play it safe coz i've had my experiences on reinstalling OS coz of virus infection, HDD failures, and all other stuff that will make you want to just use a console:(.

floppybootstomp said:
Another vote for the 6800GT.

You could use RAID with those two disks, but, as Stan the Man pointed out, you'd only be able to use 80Gb of the 120. You'd waste 40Gb. For the small advantage a RAID 0 would give you in my opinion it's not worth it.
too bad. i guess i'll have to sell one of these drives that i have here(additional funds, hehe:D ).

anyways i havent tried any ATI cards myself. ive been using nvidia GPU's for quite a long time now. i've been hearing a lot of good stuff about the X800XT, even better than the 9800. can you post some of your pc's benchmarks here so i could take a better look. i just want a card that i can use for quite an acceptable amunt of time(8 months is acceptable for me before an upgrade;) ).

Reaction score
PS:

ive heard about this SLI coming back soon. will ATI cards support that kind of technology on their GPU's.
BTW: if i decide to buy the 6800 ultra. can i just connect it to another 6800 Ultra once SLI comoes out(now that's great, a new board needed.:( ).

thanks guys:) !!!

Ask a Question