I need help with a outlook macro

Reaction score
I am very new to creating outlook macros and any help anyone can offer me here I will be greatfull.
What I am trying to accomplish is when a user sends an email, the macro will search the entire email ( not just what was entered in a reply ) for the criteria of " -XX- " Where " XX " is a variable that will search for preferably numbers only. And I cant search by numbers only then any variable including numbers. And " - " are literals.
If this criteria is found, a warning message will pop up with text asking the user if they want to proceed and having a clickable " yes " or " no " option.
" Yes " will send the email and " no " will not send the email.
Again I am very new at this and my knowlage on this topic is almost nill. If anyone can give me some pointers, advice, ect. I would be very greatfull

Thanks
Jim

Reaction score
ACK ! I forogt one extra criteria I need to have within this macro. I also want the macro to create the warning responce even when it finds the criteria plus addtional text on either side. For example. " aw-XX-9tddrw "

Thanks again.
Jim

Ask a Question